Learning demonstrative pronouns can be tricky. One of the effective ways for your child to learn the correct placement of demonstrative pronouns such as “this” and “that” in a sentence is to use Class 1 English Grammar Worksheets or Class 2 English Grammar Worksheets.
Here are a few valuable tips on using “this” or “that” in a sentence:
- To talk about something in the present tense, you should use “is” after “this” or “that” in a sentence.
This is my sister Lily.
That is my dog Bruno sleeping in the corner.
- You can use “this” for asking about a singular object which can be near or far.
English worksheets for Class 2 and other grades can be helpful in teaching your child how to use “this” in a sentence.
- You can place “that” in a sentence for singular situations.
That is a fun job.
That is a great ride.
- Using “that” in a sentence while talking about something away from you.
That shop is far from here.
That’s the garden for pets.
That house is huge.
Your child can learn to use “that” in sentences with fun exercises in English worksheets for Grade1.
- Another way to use “this” while referring to events in the present.
I love this movie. (Say while watching a movie.)
I like this car. (Say while pointing to a particular car.)
I read this book. (Say while pointing to a particular book.)
Expert educators also prepare structured printable PDF worksheets for specific grades such as English worksheets for Nursery, English worksheets for Kindergarten, etc. Subscribe to these worksheets to follow a structured English Grammar learning plan for your child.
To know more, visit www.estudynotes.com